Ok so you have MAMP installed and working and you want to create you first dummy site to test plugins on. If you do not have MAMP installed then go to Creating a local developing environment with MAMP. Lets get right into the steps.
- Once you have MAMP installed and working properly, go to http://wordpress.org and download wordpress.
- Copy all the files and place them in your Applications->MAMP->htdocs.
- Now open up the MAMP application and start your servers. This should also open your MAMP backend web page. From here we need to create a database that our wordpress site can reference. Go to the phpMyAdmin tab and click the SQL tab. Then write CREATE SCHEMA `wp_example` into the text area and hit Go. Once this is done you should see the database on the left sidebar.
- Once the database is created go to localhost:8888 and go to the folder that has your wordpress files.
- This should prompt the configuration screen. Enter in the information as you see below. This is assuming you have made the database with the name ‘wp_example’.
- Once this is done, hit the Run Install button and follow the directions.
Please leave any comments below and email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.